Who Am I Really
My name is Hazel. I've done a lot in my life but not much at all. I've survived explosions, been stabbed, been in love, fallen out of love, been hurt, been happy, been entranced by vampires, hunted with werewolves, ran with spies, rode on interdimensional milkyways, been held captive in the dark, slayed zombies, wielded magical weapons, fought dark elf's, walked a red room of pain, shuddered at atrocities and laughed in the face of danger. All of this of course happened along side my favorite characters in my favorite books.
I love playing poker but always lose my money. I want to be a famous painter but I'm horrible at painting. I love to read, obviously.. but I also love to write and I want to be the next E.L James. If I could, I'd give R.A. Salvatore and Karen Chance a hug and I wish I could have met Charlotte Brontë and tell her she changed my life!
I've been a reader since I was a little girl, my mother helping me cradle my next big adventure in my lap while I immerse myself in the fantastical worlds held within the pages. I honestly couldn't see a life without the written word. It has becomes my passion, especially over the last few of years. And with social networking sites such as Goodreads, Facebook and the blogging community, I'm able to converse with people who are just like me and who have the same
I've always loved to read, but its only been in the last five years that I ventured into the reviewing world. When I joined Goodreads and found a community of readers and reviewers just like me, I was in heaven! I spent hours thinking up what to say in my first review. I was scared to write what I thought about a book and furthermore, I thought, who wants to read what I have to say. But I found I wasn't the only one out there with a voice and an opinion and once I wrote that first review and had my first "Like", I soon became more relaxed and reviewing has now become an obsession.
My other great passion is writing. I've been a writer since I was old enough to hold a pencil. One of my very first works was about a ghost named Earl who lived in an abandoned farm house and wanted to eat chocolate cake for breakfast but couldn't because there was no one to make it for him. Ha! I didn't say it was a best seller, but it was one of my first creations. I was always the one who told ghost stories in front of the fire or made up adventure starring myself and my friends. I'm working on getting my first whole manuscript together and one day hope to publish it, so people like me, can read and review it. Yay! Bring on the criticism Its the only way you can truly learn.
....Ten Crazy Facts About Me You May Not Know -
- When I was a kid, I was always the first to break out the ouija board at slumber parties.. wait, I still do that!
- I have a stalkery obsession with Jensen Ackles from Supernatural. Its healthy, I promise. The dude is HOT! ;)
- I have an unhealthy obsession with Jude Ryder from the Crash series by Nicole Williams. He's so awesome!
- I like to drink coffee and read in the park
- I have an eclectic taste in music ranging from Heavy Metal to Classical to Trance to New Age and everything in between. I love it all except Country. *shudders*
- I was a tomboy when I was a kid and loved to climb trees. Then I discovered boys and it was downhill from there ;)
- I secretly write bad poetry in my journal that I will one day burn before it falls into the wrong hands, like my daughter who will then probably post it on Facebook!
- I want to one day go to Ireland and have a Beamish Stout!
- I love Slinkys!
- I'm addicted to the thesaurus
- BONUS FACT: I have a life goal to learn the shamisen
....Some of My Favorite Things -
- Favorite TV show is Supernatural
- I like gaming on my down time - 7 Days To Die is my current game of choice
- Favorite colors are black, blue and purple
- Favorite food is pasta of any kind
- Favorite ice cream is Mint Chocolate Chip
- Favorite Coffee is Starbucks Caramel Macchiato
- Favorite past time is reading on my Nook or Kindle by the pool
- I'm addicted to anime - like I can seriously binge watch it all day
I wanted to give a shout out to my VBB (Virtural Best Bud) Juls for talking me into blogging in the first place. In the beginning, it took a while and a lot of persuading, but now I can't stay off of it and its all your fault! =)
.... .... ....
I'm A NANOWRIMO'er!...
November is National Novel Writing Month!
Every year, in the month of November, participants from around the world, join together and challenge themselves and each other to write, write, write. Write at least 50,000 words in one month.. and get the the story that's been brewing in your head down on paper.. or screen. :D Sounds easy? Well, it's not but it sure is fun.
Here's the official definition...
"National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to creative writing. On November 1, participants begin working towards the goal of writing a 50,000-word novel by 11:59 PM on November 30."
I've been part of my regions chapter for five years now and I love it. We're a novel ( <-- hehe, see, I made a pun) group and we love to challenge ourselves to do the impossible. Want to know more about Nano?
Who I Review With...
Along with taking Author Requests for review, I also read-to-review with these wonderful co's...