Saturday, August 9, 2014

ARC REVIEW - BITTERSWEET DECEIT (Bound by Your Love #2) by Blakely Bennett:


TITLE: Bittersweet Deceit
SERIES: Bound by Your Love
SERIES PLACEMENT: #2
AUTHOR: Blakely Bennett
AGE GROUP: Adult
GENRE: Erotic Romance
RELEASE DATE: August 5, 2014
PUBLISHER: TandemWriters
FORMAT: eBook
PAGES: Approx. 361

COPY PROVIDED BY: Author
MY GOODREADS REVIEW LINK
RATING: ★★★★
CLIFFHANGER: No

BOOK BLURB:
Lainie is a thirty year old, full-figured woman entrenched in a love affair with a married man. Although Lainie loves Mason desperately, she vows never to say those three little words while he remains with his wife.

Stay, an enigma in Lainie’s close-knit group of friends, has been circling her with interest, trying to garner her attention. When circumstances make it clear who’s blocking his way—Mason—Stay goes full-court press in pursuit of Lainie. 

Lainie doesn’t see Stay as relationship potential because she is blinded by her love for Mason. However, the more she learns about Stay, the more she comes to realize she never really knew him in the first place. 

An unexplainable mystical connection evolves between Lainie and Stay and she has to choose between a man she so hopelessly loves and a man who offers her everything she needs.

REVIEWERS NOTE: Bittersweet Deceit is book two in the Bound by Your Love series and is an Erotic Romance written by Blakely Bennett. I was gifted a copy from the author in exchange for an honest review through Romance Addict Book Blog.


4.5 Amazingly Hot, Super Stars!
Out of the Box, Nontraditional Romance That Was Sexy As Sin! 

The Review: 
This was my first Blakely Bennett read and I can guarantee it won’t be my last. There was a lot going on besides fantastic sex scenes in this read. I loved the friendships and the family type vibe I got from characters I just met, but through the terrific writing, felt like I’d known all along. I loved the story, the steamy writing and the erotic, contemporary romance. The characters were interesting and their chemistry sucked me in and bound me all the way to the end. When I was done, I wanted more!

Story... 
Thirty year old Lainie has finally found love! Or at least she thinks she has. She really has nothing to compare it to. Because of a strained relationship with her overbearing mother, Lainie has closed herself off from forming those types of relationships.. until she met Mason, who completely swept her off her feet after a short conversation and an amazing night in bed. Their one night turned into a “when I can get away from my wife” booty call because Mason was married with a family he refused to leave. They would meet when Mason had a spare moment but a relationship built on secrets and sneaking around is always one sided. Something Lainie figured out after meeting the incredibly intoxicating Stay! 

Stuck between two men, one who wants a real future with her and one who can't commit, Lainie has to decide what she wants, what love really means and if she can live with always being second best.

Characters...
I enjoyed Lainie’s character. She was straightforward and reliable. She was sexy and smart and tough. Even when the chips were down, she womaned-up and got the job done. I have to admit I was a little wary with reading this one. I don’t traditionally enjoy novels where there’s cheating but I’d heard such wonderful things about this book that I wanted to give it a shot. I’m so glad I did because even though Lainie was in a cheating relationship, she still had morals, she still cared and she still thought about others and what her actions might cause. She wasn’t selfish and she was loyal. I just really enjoyed her character.

Mason, I wasn’t to sure about and am still not one hundred percent on board with who he is and what he does. He was hot, no doubt and I loved his fun style in the bedroom. I also really believed he cared deeply for Lainie. But here’s the rub. I get that he wants to be the family man and keep his marriage together for his kids. It’s even commendable but the way he put Lainie second and thought she should be okay with that, was wrong. She deserved her bit of happiness as much as he did.

And then there’s Stay. That man was so epically hot, I wanted to crawl inside the pages and steal him right from under Lainie! Wowza! He can put me on his tantric chair any day! The scenes with him blew my mind. I loved their sometimes sensual, sometimes playful, sometimes frantic and always intense encounters. 

Lovin’ the Sexy! 
The romantic, steamy, sultry, erotically spicy scenes were oh so yummy and Lainie and Mason as well as Lainie and Stay burned up the pages with their off the charts chemistry and light bondage play. 

I also really loved the side stories. I didn’t read the first book in this series but I wasn’t lost when it came to the friendships and their relationships from previous stories because the writing was very well done. But now knowing how much I like the side characters, I’ll definitely be going back and reading more of this authors work to see how they got to where they were in Bittersweet Deceit.

The Wrap Up: 
I enjoyed this one. I love my “spicy” and this one had plenty of it. It also had a great story that kept me interested and entertained. I’m definitely a fan!

Buy the Book!
  


Connect with the Author...

....

No comments:

Post a Comment